Cross Origin issue when viewing with mode=dashboard

Hi Team,

Using Helical Insight 3.0 - I am testing something on my localhost, and connecting to Helical Insight on one of our servers. I am using an iframe to embed a report.

For example:

<iframe id="helical-report" title="Report" src="http://dev-m1:8085/hi-ee/hi.html?mode=dashboard&j_organization=NCL&j_username=ncl_admin&j_password=ncladmin&dir=1557253062225&file=ddafb76a-3e0a-4d51-8cf2-4976623fc4e3.report" class="HelicalReportViewer__iframe___4UjFe"></iframe>

It ends up getting stuck like this, because there is a javascript error

However, when I set the mode=open instead of mode=dashboard it works fine. I need to use mode=dashboard so that I can remove the top header blue bar. I have also already enabled cross-origin in web.xml. Please help me with a solution for this.
Thank You

Hi Shwetant,

Follow the below lines

In ajax.js file (path is “\hi\apache-tomcat-7\webapps\hi-ee\js”) go to line number 129 and comment out the below code.

/*else if (wnw.parent.flux && wnw.parent.flux['notification']) {
wnw.parent.flux.notification.actions.addNotification({'notifType':payload['type'],'notifText':payload['message'], 'reqParams':payload['reqParams'],'data':payload['data']});
}*/

Then save the file and refresh/check in a private window. That javascript error will not come now.

Thank You
Helical Insight Team.

Please refer to this blog for fixing CORS in latter versions of Helical Insight

For version 4.1 onwards you can follow the steps mentioned on this blog for cross origin related points