Getting Error Page on Opening Dashboard after Integration of Helical Insight 3.0

Hi Team,

I have integrated reports/dashboards built using Helical Insight 3.0 version within my website. Now, I am getting an error page whenever I try to open the dashboard. I am seeing cross origin issue.

What could be the problem?

Thank You.

Hello Anu,

This is a cross-origin issue which generally occurs when Helical Insight is on HTTP and the application in which you are embedding is in HTTPS (or vice versa). In order to remove the cross-origin issue, navigate to this below path. (the path might be a bit different if the OS is different).

C:\Program Files\Helical Insight\hi\apache-tomcat-7\webapps\hi-ee\WEB-INF

This has a file called web.xml. Open this file and it has a code snippet

<!-- Enable this filter to use cross-origin

<filter>
        <filter-name>cross-origin</filter-name>
        <filter-class>org.eclipse.jetty.servlets.CrossOriginFilter</filter-class>
    </filter>
    <filter-mapping>
        <filter-name>cross-origin</filter-name>
        <url-pattern>/*</url-pattern>
    </filter-mapping>

-->

Remove the first and last lines of this snippet (uncomment this snippet of code). This will enable the code and will remove the cross-origin issue.

Thank You,
From Team Helical.

Even after following the above step also if the CORS cross origin issue is not resolved then please follow the below steps

1. Open the file called report-open.js which is located in “…/tomcat/webapps/hi-ee/js/adhoc” in any text editor.
  2. Search for .parent with case sensitive and exact string only like shown below
  3. Delete all the places where ONLY .parent is present. Hence places like window.parent.node will now become window.node
  4. Save the file
  5. Clear the browser cache or open the Helical Insight application application in incognito and check.

For version 4.1 onwards you can follow the steps mentioned on this blog for cross origin related points