Sorting with position of bars

Hello Support Team!

I want to make a top 10 list using bar chart. I tried to use “sample size” to show top 10 list, but I think it’s from a sample, not the whole data. Could you please show me the proper way to show top 10 list using bar chart?

Also Is there a way to start the ranking on top instead of bottom? so the 1st one would be on the top and so on.

Thanks

The problem is with the sorting order that you are applying on the reports.
If you apply ascending order the lowest value will be sent from the database first and if you limit the records, you will only find bottom 10 values. For Ascending order, you will see the arrow from ‘A to Z’ on Helical Insight.

Similarly, if you apply descending order the highest value will be sent from the database first and if you limit the records, you will only find top 10 values. For Descending order, you will see the arrow from Z to A on Helical Insight.

If you arrange data in ascending order expecting Top 10 values, it may result in different output than expected as shown in the video you have shared.
In future, if you come across issues with incorrect data, you can always see the SQL statement that is getting generated in Helical Insight and run it directly on DB and compare the output. This will help you understand what the application is doing.

In the “More Charts” option also there is a bar chart. If you use that, over their it will give you the kind of behaviour that you are looking for i.e. 1st place on top.

Thanks,
Support Team.