Some issue with user role management migration

Hello,
We are using the latest helical jar given - helicalinsight-ee-GIT0537.jar
We have installed it on our ubuntu server - Ubuntu 18.04.6 LTS (GNU/Linux 5.4.0-1089-azure x86_64)

Everything is working fine, and we changed the hiee db to postgresql from derby and helical is working fine. We created a data source and meta data too.

Then we noticed that we need to connect to more additional schema for our reporting purpose and only public schema is getting shown in the metadata.

So we edited the \hi\hi-repository\System\Admin\DbConfig\postgresql.efwd file and added the bi schema as we did in the 4.1 helical version and restarted the service.

Then the entire helical application stopped working even though the entry in that file is correct. I have reverted this file and tried restarting but getting the same error.

Then to find out the root cause , I have uninstalled and reinstalled the application and it started. Made the same change in efwd file and again it stopped working.

Third time I uninstalled helical, dropped and recreated the hiee database and then used the same efwd file which was causing the issue and it started working.

It was getting - ‘HIQuartz’: java.sql.SQLException: Connections could not be acquired from the underlying database.

I tried to replicate the issue by doing the same steps in my local windows machine but couldn’t replicate it.

Though the issue is solved now, what are the steps we need to take if in case this kind of issues happens. When we move this to production, though we take the backup of hiee and db, it will be difficult to restore helical it in case of a crash.

The OS version is : 18.04.6 LTS (GNU/Linux 5.4.0-1089-azure x86_64)
and the java version is
openjdk version “11.0.17” 2022-10-18
OpenJDK Runtime Environment (build 11.0.17+8-post-Ubuntu-1ubuntu218.04)
OpenJDK 64-Bit Server VM (build 11.0.17+8-post-Ubuntu-1ubuntu218.04, mixed mode, sharing)

Thanks,
Sesa.

Hello,

Hope this is a fresh installation. If I understand it was connecting to the PostgreSQL hiee db also without any issues. But the moment you modified the postgresql.efwd file to add additional schema and restarted , it stopped working. Even after reverting this file back to the old one, it was not coming up.
You should reinstall helical, drop the hieedb to get it created freshly, then it will work.

Thanks,
Helical Insight.

Hello,

Hope this is a fresh installation. If I understand it was connecting to the PostgreSQL hiee db also without any issues. But the moment you modified the postgresql.efwd file to add additional schema and restarted , it stopped working. Even after reverting this file back to the old one, it was not coming up.
You should reinstall helical, drop the hieedb to get it created freshly, then it will work.

Thanks,
Helical Insight.