Share Data source for new user created via SSO

Hello,
Helical team,

I am using SSO in Helical Insight 4.0. I am passing information about the data source for each user in the token. Whenever a new user is created, I would like to share the corresponding data source with him by default with Execute Only permissions. Is there a way to achieve this?

Thank You,
Jam

Helical Insight has a robust APIs that can be used to share the datasource connection with the user.

You can find the list of APIs in the API document available at:

Page no. 304 onwards, you will find the list of APIs for sharing.

Alternatively, you can also use Java code in order to implement sharing as shown below:

//for datasource share

String formData = "{\"type\":\"dataSource\",\"id\":\"890\",\"classifier\":\"global\",\"dataSourceProvider\":\"tomcat\",\"share\":{\"user\":[{\"id\":\"9\",\"permission\":\"0\"}]}}";

ServiceUtils.execute(“core”, “share”, “update”, formData);

//for folder share and revoke.

formData="{\"type\":\"folder\",\"dir\":\"1593781287204\",\"revoke\":{\"user\":[{\"id\":\"2\",\"permission\":\"2\"},{\"id\":\"5\",\"permission\":\"2\"}]},\"share\":{\"user\":[{\"id\":\"6\",\"permission\":\"2\"}]}}"

Here, it is important to note the id or the user and the corresponding permission level.

The user id is the unique identifier of the user in the system.

There are 6 permission levels (from 0 to 5) in Helical Insight. These are:

• No access
  • Execute Only
  • Read Only
  • Read + Write
  • Read + Write + Delete
  • Read + Write + Delete + Share

It is always recommended that datasources be shared with Execute only or Read only permissions.