Search giving error

Hi Team,

I am using Helical Insight 4.1 GA enterprise edition and I have created an adhoc report. I have added a filter on a column which has many records and while searching for values it gives error as “There was problem in completing your request”. How to change this error message from problem in request to something like “Please wait while values are loading”.

Thank You,
Snow.

Hi,

This error is coming because when you are searching with the characters there are too many requests are going in the backend and since there are many records the return response is slow. If you type slowly then you can see that error is not coming, but since you are typing quickly it is showing like this.
In order to change the message, we need to make changes in the backend files. These changes needs to be done in 3 files called report-create.js, report-edit.js and report-open.js
We have attached these files below in which we have already changed the message to “Please wait while the values are loading”. You can change this message with the message of your choice also.
Replace/update these file at location “..\hi\apache-tomcat-9\webapps\hi-ee\js\adhoc”.

Then try in a private window.

Thank You,
Helical Insight.