Scheduling option in Embedded mode

Hello Helical Insight,

I am using Helical Insight 4.0. In order to schedule a report, I need to Open the report from the file browser in “Open” mode. However, I want to give this functionality to my end users after I embed the report in my application. Is there a way I can give the scheduling option in “Open in New Window” mode?

Thank you,
Avinash.

Hello Avinash,

Scheduling option is not implemented in the open in new window mode because generally, end users of embedded reports/dashboards are not required to do scheduling. Only those with access to the file browser have these permissions.

Scheduling can be implemented in Open in New Window by following the below mentioned steps:

• Download this hi-ee.zip (24.6 KB)
  • Replace hdiui.js file in js folder (…/hi/apache-tomcat-9/webapps/hi-ee/js)
  • Replace adhocReport.jsp , serviceLoadView.jsp and hcrReport.jsp files in jsp folder (…/hi/apache-tomcat-9/webapps/hi-ee/WEB-INF/jsp)
  • Replace newWindowMenu.jsp file in report folder (…/hi/apache-tomcat-9/webapps/hi-ee/WEB-INF/jsp/report)
  • Restart Helical Insight service.

Hello Avinash,

Download the files from here. schedule embed fix.zip (730.7 KB)

Steps to resolve open in new window scheduling issue when embedded in iframe

1. Remove the following jar file which is located in “hi/apache-tomcat-9/webapps/hi-ee/WEB-INF/lib”
  • jetty-util-6.1.26.jar
  1. Add the following jar files (provided in attachment) in “hi/apache-tomcat-9/webapps/hi-ee/WEB-INF/lib”
  • jetty-util-9.4.25.v20191220.jar

• jetty-servlets-9.4.25.v20191220.jar

1. Open the file called web.xml which is located in “hi/apache-tomcat-9/webapps/hi-ee/WEB-INF” in any text editor

2. Uncomment the following code snippet in the file and save it>

<filter>
<filter-name>cross-origin</filter-name>
<filter-class>org.eclipse.jetty.servlets.CrossOriginFilter</filter-class>
<init-param>
<param-name>allowedHeaders</param-name>
<param-value>*</param-value>
</init-param>
<init-param>
<param-name>allowedMethods</param-name>
<param-value>GET,PUT,POST,DELETE,OPTIONS</param-value>
</init-param>
<init-param>
<param-name>allowedOrigins</param-name>
<param-value>*</param-value>
</init-param>
<init-param>
<param-name>preflightMaxAge</param-name>
<param-value>3600</param-value>
</init-param>
<init-param>
<param-name>chainPreflight</param-name>
<param-value>false</param-value>
</init-param>
</filter>
<filter-mapping>
<filter-name>cross-origin</filter-name>
<url-pattern>/*</url-pattern>
</filter-mapping>
  1. Restart the server

2. Open the file called report-open.js which is located in “hi/apache-tomcat-9/webapps/hi-ee/js/adhoc” in any text editor

3. Search for “.parent” with case sensitive and exact string in the file and replace it with empty string

4. Save the file

5. Open the file called bootstrap.js which is located in “hi/apache-tomcat-9/webapps/hi-ee/js/vendors” in any text editor

6. Search for “window.parent” with case sensitive and exact string in the file and replace it with empty string

7. Save the file

8. Do a hard reload of the page where the open in new window scheduling is seen

Thank You
From Team Helical.