Same filter triggering different fields on dashboard

Hello Helical Team,

I have three different reports, one for Invoices, one for delivery of goods and one for Payments. There are different date fields used to filter each report. I want to place them on dashboard and use the same filter which will trigger each report on same date. Note that the input parmeter filter is not same field for all the thre report i.e. for example first report it goes to a filter created from field (invoice_date), second report it goes to a filter created from field (acceptance_date) etc.

So the placeholder to select filter value is same but it should go to different filter of individual reports created from different fields.
If I select June, I want to see all Invoices of June, all delivery made in June and all payments received in June. I was able to configure it in 4.1 GA by mapping same input variables to all 3 reports. But we do not have any such option in HelicalInsight 5.0 release

Thank You,
Netta.

Hello Netta,

In Helical Insight 5.0 we have tried to remove the manual work, so that users who are not technical can also use the application easily.
Coming to your scenario. Even if you have different columns used in your reports for date filtering, if you rename the filter with same name, the dashboard filter will work on all three reports.
If you are going with single date filter with range, and you may have three filter names like Invoice date, Delivery date, Payment date. Try replacing it with same name as Filter Date and use the same on all three reports. Once you add the three reports on dashboard, you can use one Filter Date to make as a dashboard filter, it will work on all three reports.
Likewise, If you plan to use two dates as start date and end date, use the same on all three reports and then use these two on dashboard.
Tip: Do not use filter name as Date as this is a SQL keyword and may cause issues (avoid using keywords in every case not just filter names).
Note: This is also applicable in reverse way. If there are two reports and use same column as filter. However, you do not want them to be controlled with same filter on dashboard, rename the filters to two different names and it will work with their individual filter names.

Refer to below images of different reports where we have kept the filterlabel same. So as long as filterlabel is same at dashboard level, it will pass sames values to all filters with the same filterlabel.

Dashboard level also keeping the same filter label.

Thank You,
Helical Insight.