Filtering a date by using daterangepicker

I using Helical Inside Demo and I am trying to create a simple Dashboard which consist in a SplineChart and a DateRangePicker, the table is just a time series with a date-time field and a decimal value and I would like to filter the data shown using the DateRangePicker, but so far I have been unable to do it. It seems that DateRangePicker sends only the start date value (in fact I have confirm this using the browser Developer Tool and watching the request).

What am I missing?

Hi Alberto,

You can use a different method here for applying a date range.

Step 1: Create a report in adhoc interface to which you want to apply date-range parameter

Step 2: Apply two separate filters for the date column and apply the following conditions:-

Start date condition - Edit the filter and change the label to ‘Start date’. Choose auto mode and condition as custom. Enter the operator “>” in the custom condition and select the value as ‘auto’. Now choose any start date that you want to apply and click on save.

End date condition: Edit the second filter and change the label to ‘End date’. Choose auto mode and condition as custom. Enter the operator “<” in the custom condition and select the value as ‘auto’. Now choose any end date that you want to apply and click on save.

Step 3: Check whether the report is working by clicking on generate report. If yes, save the report in the file browser.

Step 4: Open the saved report in Dashboard designer and click on the filter button as shown below:

Step 5: You can see both the filters that you had applied while creating the report. Now click on these filters so that they appear as input parameters.

Step 6: Click on the edit button of the report and go to listeners. Make sure that both the filters are check marked

Now you are ready to apply a date range for the report !

Let us know if this information was useful for you. Else, email us at support@helicalinsight.com and we can get back to you.

-Helical Insight Team