Error while migrating

Hello Helical Team,

I am migrating from an older version to newer version of helical insight. Though I have done entire migration I am getting the below error

Error: SecurityException: Please provide fully qualified name e.g {tablename}.{columnName}.Schema and catalog are optional

ex:class information

Please help.

Thank You,
Sesa.

Hello Sesa,

In the newer version of helical insight 4.1 GA onward’s a lot of additional security fixes have been added so as to avoid any sqlinjection and other security flaws.

You can read about the security settings on the blog. It seems like you are using custom column, or filter expression which is not complying with the newer security expressions.

The security settings can be changed in the file defaults.properties located at …/hi/hi-repository/System/Admin/. If you are migrating from an older version you can change it to default from strict-metadata on line no 68 and 70 so that your custom columns and other things work as is. Then you can start working on migrating it and making it compatible to strict-metadata to address the security related issues. In strict-metadata, in order to use SQL queries in the custom column or filter values, you need to use fully qualified column names.

It is highly advisable to go through the blog shared towards the starting to learn about the various security details and how to use it.

Thank You,
Helical Insight.