Configuring a newly added database

Hello Team,

I have added a new JDBC driver (a db which is not by default supported inside helical insight) and able to make the connection, test it successfully and save it. But when I open the DBfunctions to apply DBfunctions it is appearing blank. I have no clue what is wrong.

Thank You,
Snow.

Hello,

Helical Insight is ready to handle majority of databases and is tried and tested with them. However, it is practically impossible to test with all the databases in the world when we get to hear new names every day.
Adding a new driver is one of the part to this configuration. We need to

• Define the dialect which this database will use
  • Configure all the DB functions
  • Map the new DB functions to the driver. For every db we have a respective DB functions XML file and a dialect JS file (at the location : “…\hi\hi-repository\System\Admin\SqlFunctions”) from which it populates the list. Since you have uploaded a new DB, for that DB there doset exist a dbfunction file and that is why it appears blank.
  • Ensure that the driver properties and parameters sits correctly within the application.

Much of this is a one time technical task and it is advisble to reach out to the Helical Insight professional team if you encounter such issue and we can help you set it up correctly.

Thank You,
Helical Insight.