Yes, you can change image or logo in a report dynamically based on logged in users. Please follow the below steps:
- Login into Helical Insight application with default credentials, i.e. “hiadmin” and “hiadmin”.
Note : “hiadmin” user doesn’t belongs to any organization.
- Once logged in create new organization/user into Helical Insight application.
Note : Keep the names of user/organization which you are creating in Helical Insight exactly same as of name present in your database on which you want to apply security (filtering condition).
- Make database connection into Helical Insight by providing appropriate connection details
- Create metadata on top of database connection which you have created
- Define aliasing, joining (if any) while creating metadata
- Go to security tab of Metadata and define condition on which you want to restrict/allow access of data
Refer this blog in order to understand how to apply metadata security :http://www.helicalinsight.com/metadata-security/apply-metadata-security-condition/
- After applying metadata security, save the metadata with appropriate name
- Go to “Reports” section of Helical Insight application
- Drag and drop database column which contains image URLs
- Generate report, you will able to see all URLs in normal tabular format
- Go to settings tab of Reports and apply limit of 1
- Now again generate report. Now you will able to see only one image URL.
- Now Click on “More” of the selected column (Image URL column)
- Go to the “Advanced” mode.
- Select “concat” function by double clicking on it.
- After doing the above step, drag and drop “concat” function in to the text box.
- Now we have 3 text boxes available.
- In the first text box provide ‘<img src="’
- In the second text box drag and drop the column which contains the image URLs from list of “Available Columns”.
- In the last text box provide ‘" height=“40” width=“40”>’ (Note : You can vary the height and width based on your requirement.)
Now click on the “Save” button and generate the report.
- You will able to see actual image (Logo) in tabular format
- Now click on Card Widget visualization from all available Visualizations
- Save this report with appropriate name
- Share database, report and metadata with newly created user/organization
- Now log out from “hiadmin” user
- Log in with user/organization which you have created
- Go to “File Browser” and open the report which you have created and shared from “hiadmin” user.
- Note : Since you have applied metadata security on user/organization level. Now loggedin user will only able to see logo/image corresponding to there mapping in database