Yes, you will not find a UI to connect to CSV as of now. We are working on the same. But you can still be able to connect to CSV by following the below-mentioned steps.
- You need to create a JSON file which allows you to connect with your CSV file. Make sure the CSV file must already by uploaded to the BI repository.
//end of CSV_Employee.json
- Make necessary changes in the above file like directory variable configure it with the actual CSV directory. Similarly, change the default schema (defaultSchema) and schema name (name). Note that these changes are important to access the data from the CSV.
- Make sure that the CSV file has a header in it. For example,
- Configure a new connection inside efwd. Read more on how to configure efwd here http://www.helicalinsight.com/technical-guide/efw-for-dashboard-creation/
use this settings
- Now you can go to quick report and select unmanged connection and select this "CSV Employee" ( connection 1) from the same directory.
let me know if you are facing any problems.
Helical Insight Creator