User Role and Permissions

Hello Team Helical,

I have created a user called scott.smith with the password Smith123$ for BI report access. This user is given read only access to ‘Sellar-Gold Coast’ folder. So that the user can access only the report inside this folder. And no report outside this folder must be given access to.

I have create a separate role called ‘stellar’ and assigned this role to this user. However, when login with this user i am unable to access the mentioned folder.

The file browser icon itself is not visible
I am using Helical Insight enterprise edition 3.0

Thank You.

1 Like

Hi Marc,
At the back-end every page is mapped to either role_admin and/or to role_user. Hence even if you create new roles please make sure that the new user created still has got access to either or any of the above mentioned two roles.

In our case we believe that this new user was not assigned either role_admin or role_user. At the back-end since all the pages are linked to these roles only and since the new user was not having any of these roles those respective icons were not visible to them. A user can have role_admin /role_user and along with that other roles also

You could refer to the below blog to understand how the above kind of settings can be further changed.

Assigning Permissions for Different Sections

Thank you
From
Team Helical.