Tomcat fails to start hi.war - Licence not found

Hi,

I downloaded the WAR version 2 weeks ago and followed the instructions, but I haven´t been able to get it to work: Tomcat fails with “ERROR ContextInitializationListener:46 - Fatal Error. Could not install HDI. Licence file is not found” .

I copied the hdi.licence file (that came with the download) to tomcat (…/webapps/hi/hdi.licence). Is there any way to explicitly define the path to the licence file? is there any way to verify if the licence is valid ? this licence should be valid for 6 months, right?

DEBUG SettingsLoader:51 - Loading project.properties from classpath
INFO XMLSerializer:736 - Using default type string
DEBUG SettingsLoader:79 - Found settingPath /opt/hi/hi-repository/System/Admin/setting.xml. Found solutionDirectory /opt/hi/hi-repository
INFO ApplicationProperties:84 - Settings loader has completed its task. Resuming the parent thread.
ERROR ContextInitializationListener:46 - Fatal Error. Could not install HDI. Licence file is not found.

Thanks,

Hi James,

Thank you for showing your concern. We would like to inform you that the above mentioned problem is known bug in our application for Tomcat 8 and we are currently working on it. Helical Insight works perfectly fine for Tomcat 7 as it is completely tested on it. So meanwhile, you could use Tomcat 7 for the application. We will soon get back to you as soon as the problem is resolved.
Sorry for the inconvenience.

-Helical Insight Team

This problem does not exist with latter versions of Helical Insight BI application