Need to auto-refresh dashboard in CE

I am needing to see if it is possible to auto refresh the dashboard when the underlying data source is updated. In my case this is a mysql database. This is with the community edition. Can anyone assist?

Thanks,

1 Like

Hi,
Right now one method is to add javascript on created report or dashboard, and based on the time interval defined the report page or dashboard panels might get updated/reloaded. Please let me know if you have any other question.

I see thanks, do you have any reference documentation or examples that i can refer to?

Thanks,

These are the steps to be followed to auto refresh the EFW report you have created using Helical Insight Community edition:

1. Edit the efw report HTML templated you have created.
  2. Add following script in the HTML Script tag to refresh report after few second

setInterval(function(){
var locUrl;

if(window.baseUrl){
locUrl = window.baseUrl;
}else{
locUrl = parent.window.baseUrl;
}

window.location.href = locUrl+“hdi.html?dir=1463377807724/1465647380854&file=report.efw&refresh=true”;

},3000);

Where:

1. dir = saved efw report directory
  2. file = saved efw report file name
  3. 3000 = on what interval efw report should refreshed. interval is in milliseconds.

Now save the efw report.

This will refresh you efw report after every 3 second.

Thanks & Regards
Helical Insight Team

Thanks I see but what I am wanting to do is hit the “cache” option under the refresh menu as this refreshes the data connection while the “current report” option does not.

On Refresh menu there are two options

A). Refresh:
This will only refresh the EFW HTML template. When you edit the HTML Template, on refresh it
will load the HTML changes you have done. It will not reload the new data.

B). Refresh cache:
Clicking on refresh cache allows to refresh the cache memory and load latest set of data.
When click on the refresh cache, then it loads the data from the data-source not from the cache and
simultaneously update the cache.

There are also APIs which are available which can be used to refresh the report/dashboard.
You can get the details about the same from the below link.